In 1873 Rev. James Robertson, an ambitious young man, with a strong sense of Christian mission, organized many congregations, complete with Bible classes and Sunday Schools.
Oak Bank originally was called the Sunnyside Presbyterian congregation and was partnered with the Cook's Creek and Klondyke congregations.
modem untuk komputer machintos g4
modem zte mf100 free download software
modem usb zte mf668 instrukcja pdf
modem unlock bandluxe c120
modem standards pptcrystal_castles_wwwtherebelsbirar
modem zte mf 190 android
modem zte zxv10 w300s user manualserpent_of_isis_2_your_journey_continues_serials_generatorcook_bookpdf
Sunday Services were held in private homes and worship was led by students sent from the Manitoba Presbyterian College. The congregation became large enough to hire Rev. A. Matheson in July, 1879.
A church was built in 1882 a mile south of Oak Bank; and was moved into the village in 1901 where it served the spiritual needs of the people for more than 60 years.
In 1911 the Home Mission Committee recommended that Oak Bank join Dugald and Plympton congregations to form the Dugald Pastoral Charge. In time the Plympton Church closed, a church at Hazelridge opened which was moved to Anola. These Presbyterian Churches became United Churches at union in 1925.
The grouping of Dugald, Anola and Oak Bank Churches began in the Winnipeg Presbytery but became part of Selkirk Presbytery in its formation in 1963.
The Oak Bank United Church built and dedicated a new building, sanctuary and rooms for Christian education to the glory of God in 1964. The generous stewardship of all donated to this fund, notably Miss Selina Forbes, Mr. John Rippingale and Mr. R.W. Edmonds. Twenty-five years later this building has been expanded to include a professional kitchen, hall and more classrooms.
Throughout the years, God has blessed us that we may bless others. Our active women's groups beginning as the Ladies Aid in 1921, later the Women's Association, then the United Church Women in 1962, later Circle 86, and now some of our women gather with women of other denominations as Memory Makers. These groups despite the changes in name have always focused on devotion to God, friendship and service to others.
Our past, is an example for us of faithfulness, joy and at times sacrifice.
It is one we are proud to remember, as we serve God and each other today.